Skip to main content

first day at school

It was first day of school. The new timing will be from 8:15 AM to 3:30 PM. A full day of school for a student going from UKG to standard I. Everything was set and normal as I neared the school. There were butterflies inside mine and I am sure my daughter's stomach too.
There were few brave souls with handycam in hand. They were the brave ones who sailed through the confused parents and student lots to take a video of the dreaded morning. 
Fortunately, we knew the section but not its location. To my surprise my daughter went across to a lady and pulled me along in the process. She softly asked the lady who I believed was a teached in one of her previous sections. The teacher gave directions with a hand spread out to cover half the earth.
After few wrong classrooms we touched the correct section. It faced the prayer hall and had steps taking you down into the open. My daughters stomach gave in and with teary eyes she mentioned that she had to answer the big call from nature. I pressed her to go to her old known toilet but she refused saying teacher would not allow. I feared the dress would color in the meanwhile.
A nice gentleman with housekeeping written all over him went past with a wiff of wind as I screamed "toilet kahan hai". He gave clear direction and I reached the place. 
There was no marking on the outside. I was about to step into the boys one when a good parent hinted me that the one that she used was for girls. 
We managed to finish the first job well and then I heard Parents please and simply walked out, relieved.
Later in the day was the time to pick up and I reached there at about 3:20 PM. There were columns of vehicle of anxious parents who thought the roads were opened for parking today. It was difficult to walk through the maze and I overheard all walking parents cursing the car and their drivers. Luckily my car was parked on sandy ground away from the road and thus the comments got delfected by my seams.
There were two gates. On one particular gate all parents were ready to crush it and thus I decided to kiss the gate with minimum impact and stood in anticipation. By this time the security hinted enough that the kids would come through my gate and in milliseconds I lost my prime spot and stood somewhere in the corner. 
I saw the standard Ist kids coming and fortunately the teacher took them to other gates. There was sudden chatter of which gate their wards would come through. I did not find a prime spot there and was made to stand on heels looking for a view. The poor teacher would say the name of child and it would be lost in din of parents catching up on more important aspects of life than their immediate concern.
My kid arrived and I took her up and enquired about her day. She amazed me with the range of classes that she had on day 1, dance,hindi and instructions to learn more about computers. 
It was not over yet as I enquired about lunch box and she could not locate it. We rushed back to class teacher. 
My daughter was calmed by the confused walking through the maze of vehicle again after a tearful fear that mother would be mad at her and the people who clean the classroom would take away her lunch box. Parents were going in all directions.  Now even the senior classes were out on the road choking up the bandwidth. 
First stop was class teacher who thought for a while and immediately said "Go ahead and find for yourself". Second stop was a smartly dressed gentleman "Sir, Parents are not allowed". I said "Go fetch me the luch box from her class". Again smart move by smartly dressed gentleman "Ok sir Go ahead". I was hoping for a third stop but the lady ignored me and I was once again in standard I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shivani, Brahmakumaries and Aastha channel

She comes twice on TV from 7:10 PM to 7:40 PM and 10:30 to 11:00 PM on Aastha channel. The spiritual channel story in India is on same lines as that of Aaj Tak , which was run by local ads before the big boys put ads on them. Today Shivani, a Brahmakumari mentioned that 99% of the cause of anger and frustration is elsewhere, it is not in the spur of the moment, when you hurt somebody or get hurt by somebody. Instead of reacting instantaneously , or pestering the reaction in the mind post the incident till eternity , can you wonder "Why is that soul so angry, what is bothering her? I am sure there is something more than what she has told me now?". The chain of thoughts that emerge lead you to compassion, releases love vibrations into the air. Love has a very subtle medium to reach out. You cannot yell and throw around love and claim that you are helping somebody by your love. You have to surrender to love and let love take over. You cannot correct the world. You can onl

Final Group Sadhana with HariHaran Mani

Today's meditation was drive down the memory lane. The events of the past few months/years simple drizzled in and out. The location had been flat#508 Cassia block in Brigade Millennium. The flat was on rental by  +Hariharan Mani , an +Art of Living  teacher, actuarial practitioner and meditator from Mumbai. It was here that we began our Group Sadhana about a year and half back. Today's idea was from  +Balakrishnan Ganesan  and original idea was from Shuchi. All of us are in photo above. Yesterday Bala said, lets do it for one last time. He messaged again that we had to bring our own yoga mats. There was a time when we had kept one carpet for morning Group Sadhana at Hari's flat. People joined and left us at different points of time. I remembered that Agnihotra Homa was to be performed at sunrise so messaged back that my entry would be delayed. In the end we gave a moist eyes good byes to Mr Hari and his bangalore stay. His memories and common moments will remain wi

सोहम का महत्व - live ashtavakra by Sri Sri RaviShankarji

मैं वही हूँ. न मैं त्रितिये व्यक्ति मैं हूँ, न द्वितीये व्यक्ति मैं हूँ. मैं खुद खुदा हूँ. सो हम. यह नाम तुम्हे दिया गया है. यह तुम नहीं हो. एक बार एक संत जंगल के बीच मैं अपनी झोपड़ी मैं थे. तब वहां कोई ढेर सारा खाना लेके आ गया. उन्हें हैरानी हुई कि ऐसा क्यूं हुआ. तभी वहां ३-४ लोग आये ओर उनसे कहा कि हम भूखे हैं, हमें भोजन चाह्यिये. संत  ने कहा कि मिल जाएगा. वह लोग हैरान हुए ओर कहा कि यहाँ तो कुछ नज़र नहीं आता है. तब संत ने कहा कि "सच है कि मेरे पास कुछ नहीं है, लेकिन मैं जिसके पास हूँ उनके पास सब कुछ है. "   माँ बच्चे  को जन्म देने से पहले ही उसमें दूध आ जाता है. प्रकृति का नियम है कि जहाँ प्यास होनी होती है वहां पहले से पानी व्याप्त होता है. यह दूसरी बात है कि आपको  दीखता नहीं है.   आप पूर्ण हो क्यूंकि आप पूर्ण से बने हो ओर पूर्ण मैं रहते हो ओर पूर्ण मैं जाना है. पूर्ण मैं से पूर्ण को निकालने से क्या पूर्ण अधूरा हो जाता है. आप अकेले से बोर क्यूं होते हैं, क्यूंकि आप ने अपने आप को नीरस कर दिया है. आपके पास जिस परमात्मा को होना था वह आपको कहीं ओर दीखता है. आपके पास